Sunday 22 January 2012

Salt and Sweet....

Thank you to my older sister for bringing me some wonderful american chocolate.... The age old combination of salty and sweetness. I don't generally like that combination but I recently received some wonderful macaroons from my father in law to be from Pierre Herme at Selfridges, one of the flavours was salted caramel, not a flavour I would have picked myself but on first bite, I was in love...... The saltiness actually brought out more of the sweetness and flavour.
I'm not a fan of currants or raisins in couscous or an apricot stuffing, but there are just some things that go so well together...

Butterfinger and reeses peanut butter cups have the salty peanut butter type filling then the sweet milk chocolate outer shell. AMAZING. If I were a nice person I would share them round.... but on this occassion, get yer own! I even hide them from my other half.... tee hee.

I'll let you enjoy the picture I took :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment